Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest tonyt-5

18T turbocharger

31 posts in this topic

Hi all

I have decided to sell my 18T turbocharger

Since buying it a couple of weeks ago I have had it full re-coned which includes 360deg bearings and had a little porting carried out

It can also be delivered with either the straight or angeled exhaust flange

DCP_0986.jpg

DCP_0984.jpg

Im asking for

Edited by tonyt-5

Why are you selling it tony and is it RARE?

Why are you selling it tony and is it RARE?

Sorry I forgot to mention Im fitting a KKK from from the S60R

Is it RARE? Probably but I have no proof of this. But I do know that these are available from any good volvo stockiest :rolleyes:

KKK sounds good although i have know idea about these

Sorry I forgot to mention Im fitting a KKK from from the S60R

haven't they got variable vain pitch or something? & are they much better than a 19t?

haven't they got variable vain pitch or something? & are they much better than a 19t?

:dontknow: Homework dear boy do your homework :D

:dontknow: Homework dear boy do your homework :D

just curious as the KKK was brought up, i'm more than happy with the 19t

sorry for hijacking for sale thread, good luck with it

just curious as the KKK was brought up, i'm more than happy with the 19t

sorry for hijacking for sale thread, good luck with it

Hijack away mate as I seem to do it alot myself :D

Most people do seem to think that the 19T is the all singing and dancing turbo to go for but IMHO people should do some more researching into the 19T

The 19T is just an "how big is your turbo" thing :rolleyes:

Hijack away mate as I seem to do it alot myself :D

lol, it can't be helped sometimes can it :rolleyes:

Most people do seem to think that the 19T is the all singing and dancing turbo to go for but IMHO people should do some more researching into the 19T

The 19T is just an "how big is your turbo" thing :rolleyes:

the main reason i wanted the 19t is becuase i understand its got 360bearings as standard. TBH after going from a 15g with a MBC to a 19t i was a bit disappointed with the intial spool up, but obviously the 19t just keeps adding power on while the 15g has peaked early & finished. Altho i haven't drove it much since the lastest bits i would say its now back on par & the smile factor is back :D

lol, it can't be helped sometimes can it :rolleyes:

the main reason i wanted the 19t is becuase i understand its got 360bearings as standard. TBH after going from a 15g with a MBC to a 19t i was a bit disappointed with the intial spool up, but obviously the 19t just keeps adding power on while the 15g has peaked early & finished. Altho i haven't drove it much since the lastest bits i would say its now back on par & the smile factor is back :D

All the Volvo mitsubishi turbo's have 360deg bearings :rolleyes:

Althought the 19T is quite a good turbo it does suffer with initial spool up/turbo lagg but where as the 18T turbo will spool up quicker then the 19T and there isnt any need for uprated conrods you can also run the 18T on white injectors

I'm interested in what results can be obtained from the 18t, especially with the rods done. Since getting my car back, it's my view that the 16t is way underated. It's awesome how quickly it spools up. However ther's no denying that the 19t with the right mods, and map, pulls incredibly hard in the higher revs. I just wonder if the 18t is a good compramise and the best of both worlds???

I may be interested in this Tony!!!

I'm interested in what results can be obtained from the 18t, especially with the rods done. Since getting my car back, it's my view that the 16t is way underated. It's awesome how quickly it spools up. However ther's no denying that the 19t with the right mods, and map, pulls incredibly hard in the higher revs. I just wonder if the 18t is a good compramise and the best of both worlds???

IMHO Chris the 19T is overrated and over priced

I did quite a lot of research regarding both the 18T(untill Irf got one before me) and the 19T and found the 18T somewhat better then the 19T however the 19T has slightly better top end performance but the 18T will spool up quicker

Its strange how everyone here prefers the 19T but yet in the states they swear buy the 18T

Edited by tonyt-5

(untill Irf got one before me)

simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

I used to love the spool up on my S70 with the 16T even Chris White couldn't believe how quick it was,

Only thing i didn't like with the 18T was you had to be doing 80 plus before it came in strong, then it was rapid, but most of my driving is upto and around 50 where i live, so i am more suited the the smaller turbine,

As for the 19T over the 18T you still have to buy a downppipe for it whereas you don't on the 18T if you get the right one, like Tony is selling :D

Gary

could this be run without a remap on an me7 engine?

looking for a good condition turbo but not necessarily a remap at this point.

also anybody know which flange I have on an me7 t5?

Edited by rs_andy

I used to love the spool up on my S70 with the 16T even Chris White couldn't believe how quick it was,

Only thing i didn't like with the 18T was you had to be doing 80 plus before it came in strong, then it was rapid, but most of my driving is upto and around 50 where i live, so i am more suited the the smaller turbine,

As for the 19T over the 18T you still have to buy a downppipe for it whereas you don't on the 18T if you get the right one, like Tony is selling :D

Gary

80 plus before the 18T kicks in, what are you talking about Gary?????

could this be run without a remap on an me7 engine?

looking for a good condition turbo but not necessarily a remap at this point.

also anybody know which flange I have on an me7 t5?

Hi Andy

Yes this can be run on an ME7 engine without a remap but to get the full benefit out of it it is much better to get a remap to suit the turbo

The ME7 has an angled flange

Hi Andy

Yes this can be run on an ME7 engine without a remap but to get the full benefit out of it it is much better to get a remap to suit the turbo

The ME7 has an angled flange

In that case I'll take it, my turbo is chucking oil out and I might as well upgrade as replace it with another 16t.

In that case I'll take it, my turbo is chucking oil out and I might as well upgrade as replace it with another 16t.

No worrys Andy

PM me your details and we can go from there

Thread hijack! It might be a while before my 19t goes on but I was hoping that with the appropriate mapping spool up would still be quick - it has had some porting and the wheels are cut back a bit (not entirely sure what the last bit means). A 19t is still relatively small isn't it?

Huw.

Thread hijack! It might be a while before my 19t goes on but I was hoping that with the appropriate mapping spool up would still be quick - it has had some porting and the wheels are cut back a bit (not entirely sure what the last bit means). A 19t is still relatively small isn't it?

Huw.

It isnt the size of the Turbo as the 16T/18T/19t Turbo casing's are all the same size.It's down to the type of blades and there positioning which makes the Turbo's different

I thought the compressor was larger?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0