Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hammy

HELP!!! Tyre pressures...

17 posts in this topic

Just went to inflate tyres for holiday and realised the sticker is missing from the door pillar, guess it never got replaced when the car was repaired. No worries I thought, I'll look in the handbook, to be greeted with a diagram showing me where to find the poxy sticker. Feck.

So, can someone have a look for the correct pressure for a 225/45/17 on a T5, heavily laden and doing over 160kph (:D) please so that I can sort it out on the way home today.

Thanks muchly!!

Edited by Nunchukhamster

40 40 according to tyrepressure website.

That sounds familiar from last time LOL

Here...

post-774-1251361720_thumb.jpg

Edited by cornclose

wont v70 and c70 be differant due to the amount of weight that can be carried??

or does it not work like that

wont v70 and c70 be differant due to the amount of weight that can be carried??

or does it not work like that

No idea mate. Above is a photo from my V70 though if it helps hammy.

Well those are at odds with what's shown on my sticker! I wouldn't trust that site for phase 2's. It only shows the V70 as 97 onwards, with no reference to tyre sizes. Unless I'm completely missing something...

Well those are at odds with what's shown on my sticker! I wouldn't trust that site for phase 2's. It only shows the V70 as 97 onwards, with no reference to tyre sizes. Unless I'm completely missing something...

Good point I`ve just checked it for the pressures on mine and they seem to be wrong as well. Best I find another one then. However they do seem to be about right for Hammy`s though !!!

The man from FRF, he say 42 all round (done by the simple method of looking at his own cars sticker :D). Cheers Si!

sorry i didnt see this thread until after sorting it out via email.

looking at my own car was the obvious method of choice lol

by the way, i didnt have a picture of this so quickly made this up from the codes on my plate, and yes C70 and V70 are different. the sticker for mine and hammys cars looks something like this:

c70tyredecal1.jpg

Simon :)

I wonder why, the c70 and v70 are noticably different at the below 160 speeds when unloaded, for what is essentially the same tyre size!

I wonder why, the c70 and v70 are noticably different at the below 160 speeds when unloaded, for what is essentially the same tyre size!

weight? v70 would still be heavier unladen then a c70 wouldnt it?

At least for P1 cars, I'm fairly sure the weights of the two are pretty near each other.

Edit:

According to Parkers, C70 GT is 1453 kg and V70 varies between 1415 kg and 1528 kg depending on spec.

Edited by Exocet

After seeing a piccie of Hammy earlier today I think his C70 might be a wee bit heavier than a V70 :lol: .

I'll get me coat.........

Big lad in't he?

Edited by RobbieH

They have even put a picture of Hammy on the sticker.look,there he is all alone above the bonnet of the car...............

Sorry mate couldn't stop my fingers..............