Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rufe

Genuine 302mm Brake Upgrade, 850 & P1 models

33 posts in this topic

As I have been selling quite a number of these upgrades lately I thought I would post up the prices involved for the parts to do this job. All the 850 models left the factory with 280mm discs, and many P1 model S70 and V70's and some C70's left the factory with the smaller set up too.

Of course you may decide to go for our discs and carriers while opting for some other make performance brake pads, just let us know when ordering what it is you require.

All prices are correct when this post was made, but can change over time. I will update when possible, but the prices shown may not always be up to date. To order please call us on the number in my banner below, quoting discount code 'C3'

The parts we supply for this upgrade involves:

* A pair of Genuine 302mm Diameter Front Brake Discs
* A pair of Genuine Larger Front Brake Caliper Carriers
* If required, a Set of Genuine Front Brake Pads, Standard pads or Police Spec if preferred

* If requested, a pair of Genuine Front Flexible Hoses, see note below
* Delivery with Interlink 24 Hour Courier Service.

The caliper carriers are exchange items, meaning we require the old units back. A deposit (or surcharge) is paid to us at the time of ordering which is refunded in full when we get the old units back. Once we get them back we call you and refund the surcharge you had paid. I know its not ideal, but the only way we can do this to ensure we get the old units back, as if we don't send them back to volvo they charge us this amount.

*** PRICES UPDATED JULY 2013  ***

All prices include VAT at 20% -

Set of Front Brake Pads, STANDARD:
Retail Price £59.52 / Our Price £41.66

Or:

Set of Front Brake Pads, POLICE SPEC:
Retail Price £61.80 / Our Price £43.26

Pair of Front Disks (302mm):
Retail Price £141.60 / Our Price £49.56 for the pair

Pair of Front Brake Caliper Retainers, (302mm) Exchange:
Retail Price £51.84 / Our Price £44.06 for the pair.

Plus Surcharge: £30.00 - This will be refunded in full on the return of the old units.
(There is no issue sending back the smaller brackets in exchange for the larger ones. We can arrange the collection of the old units at the price of £15.00 if required, or you can return them yourself if preferred.)

DELIVERY:
£15.00 Interlink 24 Hour Courier Service (Guaranteed next working day service, from time of dispatch)

NOTE: Longer Front Brake Flexible Hoses, For 302mm Brake Disks.
The choice of having these has to be your own. We used to always supply the longer listed brake hoses when supplying these upgrade parts, but after a couple of people sent them back for refunds saying they were not needed we decided to stop automatically supplying them. In case you decide that you want to order these here is the price:

Flexible Hose, For 302mm, x2:
Retail Price £63.84 / Our Price £51.07 for the pair

All the very best!

Simon smile.gif

Edited by FRF Motors
UPDATED July/2013
Lottie likes this

Should be pinned really as its a common upgrade and the most affordable before a BBK.Well done Si :D

ok, pinned. :)

(i know there is already a brake thread, but this is specifically for those wishing to upgrade to 302mm's, been intending to post this for a long time)

Simon :)

P1 Mode S70, C70 and V70 - How to Identify Your Disc Size from the Chassis Plate:

I often get asked how do you tell the brake disc size on the P1 model without measuring them. As most people know the P1 model V70, S70 and C70 had two brake options from the factory, either 302mm diameter, or 280mm diameter (ignore 288mm mentioned below)

There is a VIN plate on the car, on the inside of the passenger side front wing which has a lot of information. If you look at the bottom right hand code on this plate it will be 8 digits long (sometimes 7, but usually 8). This code tells us various things, but importantly, the 1st and 2nd digits refer to the brake disk size.

Here is a screenshot from VADIS:

diskinfo1.jpg

[NOTE: Those who have VADIS/VIDA will see that on there they actually list them as 15" and 16", this is NOT related to wheel size.]

Simon

Edited by FRF Motors
Lottie likes this

`sorry Si, the maths doesn't work out mate.... tried adding VAT at both 15 and 17.5% and can't reach your figure....

however at the prices quoted above it's an even better deal than first anticipated....

pads �35.42

discs �79.21 for the pair

retainers �38.71 for the pair

total �153.34 + �30 surcharge = �183.34

apologies for being pedantic

`sorry Si, the maths doesn't work out mate.... tried adding VAT at both 15 and 17.5% and can't reach your figure....

however at the prices quoted above it's an even better deal than first anticipated....

pads

oops me bad..... forgot postage as I usually pick up.... OK i'm a twat

Rofl touch harsh on yourself there but look on the bright side by picking up you do save �20

only saying what others are thinking.... doh....

Is it just me who can not see some of the posts in this thread, including my original post??

Is it just me who can not see some of the posts in this thread, including my original post??

Nope, I can't see them either :blink:

thank you mate, at least its not just me then. Its not just this thread either it seems? :blink:

Who said that?

bit annoying, these missing posts, though it's quite good fun filling in the blanks, personaly i think they'r much to expencive, and as for the postage, you must be having a laugh......:)

P1 Mode S70, C70 and V70 - How to Identify Your Disk Size from the Chassis Plate:

I often get asked how do you tell the brake disk size on the P1 model without measuring them. As most people know the P1 model V70, S70 and C70 had two brake options from the factory, either 302mm diameter, or 288mm diameter.

There is a VIN plate on the car, on the inside of the passenger side front wing which has a lot of information. If you look at the bottom right hand code on this plate it will be 8 digits long (sometimes 7, but usually 8). This code tells us various things, but importantly, the 1st and 2nd digits refer to the brake disk size.

Here is a screenshot from VADIS:

diskinfo1.jpg

[NOTE: Those who have VADIS will see that on there they actually list them as 15" and 16", this is NOT related to wheel size.]

Simon

Dose this also apply for the S80 model Simon??

Not for the S80 mate, but if you send me the registration number I should be easily able to find the size of the disk the car left the factory with.

Pretty much any Volvo 1999> I can find the original size disk from the registration number, that reference diagram is to help people with cars built before 1999

Should it also be noted that the larger brake kit could use slightly longer front brake hoses???? (I'm sure that most people upgrade brake hoses at the same time as fitting this kit anyway!)

The firtst post is back now! weird.

Andy, I used to always supply the hoses, but a few people sent them back to us as not required so we stopped supplying them unless asked for.

Simon

Hi Simon

Just been checking this thread out as my dad wants to replace the carrier bushes on his C70. You appear to have listed the part number for the smaller sized caliper carriers in your first post? Should it not be 8602456?

Quick question - do the carriers come with the guide bushes (part number 30648018) already in or do you have to get the bushes separately?

Hi Andrew,

No, the part number I use is correct and its the part we have been supplying for a few years for this upgrade. The part number you have quoted is actually another correct alternative but I don't use that part number any longer as those are actually around twice the price so we only use the part number as listed above. If I remember right when you look at VADIS the part number I use is only shown for the larger brakes on the C70 cabriolet, these are almost identical in appearance but are half the price of the part number you were looking at (and most other dealers would supply the more expensive option when asked as this is not common knowledge).

Those bushes you have asked about come with the calipers themselves, and not with the carriers.

Hope this helps,

Hi Andrew,

No, the part number I use is correct and its the part we have been supplying for a few years for this upgrade. The part number you have quoted is actually another correct alternative but I don't use that part number any longer as those are actually around twice the price so we only use the part number as listed above. If I remember right when you look at VADIS the part number I use is only shown for the larger brakes on the C70 cabriolet, these are almost identical in appearance but are half the price of the part number you were looking at (and most other dealers would supply the more expensive option when asked as this is not common knowledge).

Those bushes you have asked about come with the calipers themselves, and not with the carriers.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for that Simon. I only asked as the part number you quoted appeared under the "15 inch brakes" section which I understood to mean 288mm discs. The 16 inch brakes being the 302mm discs.

I was looking at a "2000MY C70 Coupe T5, manual gearbox, no S/R" on VADIS at the time. Having said that - your system will be more up to date than mine but it did appear to be confusing at the time.

Thanks for confirming about the bushes; I'll have to order them separately then.

Cheers

Andrew

Yes, 15" does relate to the smaller set up, but on our screen it shows that part number as for 16" 2000> P1, so I cant really comment on what you have seen I am afraid. (try changing the details to a 2003 cabriolet and see what it shows there?) The part number I have listed is definitely tried and tested by many people as the correct carrier to use for this upgrade, and is listed on our screen as for the 16" setup.

Edited by Rufe

Here is a quick screenshot in case it helps to clear it up:

8251319.jpg

Yes, 15" does relate to the smaller set up, but on our screen it shows that part number as for 16" 2000> P1, so I cant really comment on what you have seen I am afraid. (try changing the details to a 2003 cabriolet and see what it shows there?) The part number I have listed is definitely tried and tested by many people as the correct carrier to use for this upgrade, and is listed on our screen as for the 16" setup.

I shall take ze screenshot when I get home.

No VADIS on our work computers unfortunately :no:.